Staff Identity and Access Management Engineer at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
This position will lead corporate identity and access management at Reddit. The organization is growing fast, and with that comes a high rate of change in identities and access profiles. We intend to deliver a distributed and delegated approach to access management, supporting a variety of services and policy enforcement points. This IAM subject matter expert will design and implement solutions which ensure separation of duties, support auditing and compliance requirements, and reduce operational overhead associated with access management at Reddit, spanning across production infrastructure, IT systems and business SaaS applications. This position will also collaborate in implementing zero-trust security at Reddit.
This is a critical position and provides exciting opportunities to protect the sixth largest website in the world and 430M Monthly Active Users. This is an exciting time to join Reddit as the company is planning to grow to 1B revenue and on path to an IPO.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the corporate Identity and Access Management strategy at Reddit
- Lead the design and implementation of IAM solutions
- Serve as product manager for corporate access management services
- Own the authorization lifecycle for corporate identities, supporting a variety of enforcement mechanisms
- Grow and mentor a team of engineers to build, operate and maintain access management systems
- Work closely with partners across the organization to gather requirements, identify pain points, set priorities and deliver features/enhancements. Get consensus across a variety of stakeholders like IT, Infrastructure and Compliance teams.
- Facilitate auditing of access changes and approvals, and periodic access reviews, in alignment with GRC objectives
- Serve as an IAM subject matter expert
What We Can Expect From You:
- (Preferred) Experience with Okta, LDAP
- 5+ years building and scaling identity and access management systems and services
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layperson's terms
- Experience gathering business processes and requirements, documenting workflows and translating these into systems design
- Familiarity with public cloud (AWS, GCP) and associated concepts
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].