Staff Full Stack Software Engineer at Toast (Remote)
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. The New Ventures consumer team is the first to launch within the New Ventures program, and we are laser-focused on the consumer. We believe that growing a large and restaurant-friendly consumer base can unlock tremendous value for restaurants. To that end, our mission is to create magical dining experiences for consumers at all Toast restaurants.
New Ventures Consumer is early in our product journey - much like an early-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and deliver major changes to our consumer-facing product suite
- Collaborate with PM and UX to identify opportunities to improve the experience of our engineers and customers
- Make technical trade offs based on product maturity level, be able to deliver MVP scrappily with intent to productize at later date if necessary
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and team output is high velocity
- Drive team results and impact
- Manage team projects and process in collaboration with PM
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experienced full-stack engineer comfortable building Java and Kotlin cloud services
- Strong communicator who can express engineering tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Motivated to improve the day-to-day lives of fellow engineers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared codebase
- Technical leadership experience on multi-person projects
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.