Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code.
We’re looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer to join our Growth team, responsible for helping more people succeed with Webflow and become customers. You will help us build engineering projects that impact customer acquisition, monetization, and customer retention. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Webflow’s business metrics and trajectory. If you have a mix of frontend and backend development, strong systems and product thinking, owned projects end to end in the past, and want to use your technical skills to drive business growth, this role could be a great fit.About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote
As a Staff Frontend Engineer, Growth, you’ll:
- Write performant and accessible UI components (React) that power visual design experiences and websites (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Set up A/B tests and experiments to learn how we can iteratively improve the user experience over time
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.About you
You’ll thrive as a Staff Frontend Engineer, Growth, if you:
- Have 5-10+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences.
- Have 2+ years experience tech-leading teams, including helping scope and breakdown work.
- Have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- Get excited about encouraging and developing earlier-career engineers
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.About us
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how".
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Software Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!