Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Platform engineering is a new group at Mailchimp focused on maintaining and improving our core components, and we are looking for a Staff level engineer to help us do it. This team is focused on our internal job running tool, which is critical for our engineers and our feature development. You can expect to set the team’s technical direction, spearhead efforts to establish patterns and processes, and lead the team through examples in your own work. You will collaborate with teams throughout the company and represent our group in cross-departmental projects and forward-looking discussions with Directors and VPs.
The ideal candidate has 10 or more years of experience building and operating large web applications, plus familiarity with current technology trends and patterns. They should also be a skilled communicator and collaborator comfortable working across multiple teams and departments.
What you’ll do here:
- You'll build a deep appreciation for the needs our job runner solves and set the technical direction to meet those needs.
- You'll empower team members by providing technical guidance and mentorship.
- You'll remain up-to-date on evolving tools and patterns for managing infrastructure, guiding our implementation of them when necessary.
- You'll embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience working within large-scale development environments
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- You are comfortable working with and improving upon legacy systems and code
- You have advanced knowledge of cloud computing platforms, ideally Google Cloud Platform
- Significant coding experience in Go, PHP, Python, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
- You have experience with databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.