Staff Engineer - iOS at DISH (Greater Denver Area)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing and creating engineering specifications for software applications and programs; responsible for designing & writing code that adheres to best coding practices; perform code reviews
- Responsible for idea generation, exploring and implementing appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features, as well as monitoring technical process against project plan while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
- Responsible for complex software applications/projects/products; may be part of a subset of the team that is responsible for setting direction on technical architecture based on business requirements
- A part of an agile work team and responsible for participating in all scrum ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning and completing required sprints in the development through final execution of software applications/programs; communicate any issues/blockers to the Scrum Master in a timely manner
- Monitor work against production schedule andprovide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to lead developers on a regular basis
- Mentor and coach other associate software engineers as needed
- Comprehension and utilization of the newest, emerging, innovative technologies and applications
- Apply lead level knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Expected to conduct analysis of requirements to deliver codable solutions
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 5+ years of Mobile Development Experience
- 3+ years of experience architecting and design native app solutions for iOS
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to define and present a vision for the future of Mobile Application Technology
- Experience with REST, JSON, XML and interfacing iPhone/iPad applications to server-side APIs
- Proficiency with Swift
- Experience with Xcode IDE, Interface Builder and performance tools
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, and real-time communications
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- Understanding of Apples principles and human interface guidelines
- Understanding of mobile encryption algorithms, analytics, and social channel integration
- Experience in developing reusable artifacts, modules, and assets
Compensation: $122,550.00/Year - $165,450.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.