ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
The Staff Engineer for Identity & Access will work as part of our core platform team, bringing their domain expertise and experience to help us solve sticky problems in simple, elegant ways. They’ll be a consultant to other application development teams throughout the organization, helping them to implement identity and access solutions for their products.
- Develop standards for identity and access controls at ezCater, using your expertise and guidance to improve our systems
- Define the strategy for managing our identity and access across teams and products
- Put domain-driven design principles into practice as we modularize our backend platform
- Be a visionary leader providing guidance and mentorship to your teammates across the organization
- Raise the bar for software quality and the expectations of what is achievable within the engineering organization
- 7+ years of professional development experience
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Experience with Identity & Access providers - Okta, Auth0, etc.
- A distributed systems mindset, and experience working both with service oriented architectures and monolithic applications
- A strong appetite for learning, and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills, and a drive to produce quality documentation
- An eagerness and willingness to give and receive feedback, because we all love learning from each other
- A friendly, flexible and pragmatic disposition
Nice to Have:
- Identity & Access solutions experience for two-sided marketplaces with multiple frontend clients
- GraphQL Federations experience (particularly Apollo Federation)
- Event-driven architectures and streaming data platforms experience (e.g Kafka)
- Experience with orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Integration experience with various third party APIs
Starting Salary Range: $148,000 - $186,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.