Staff Engineer DevOps at Renaissance (Remote)
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.Job Description
We are seeking a highly talented Staff Engineer to join an agile multi-disciplinary engineering team at Freckle. Play a key role in an impact driven culture and apply your expertise and leadership to make our team and company better. Your influence will help shape how we continue to build and scale our highly available distributed SaaS platform used by millions of K-12 students every month worldwide. This position directly reports to the Sr. Director of Engineering Freckle R & D.
In this role you will:
- Mentor senior engineers, conduct code reviews and provide feedback
- Bring brilliant ideas to the team and communicate the vision of the ideal state
- Design infrastructure and automated systems to support our distributed architecture
- Manage CI/CD pipelines and constantly improve reliability, speed and efficiency
- Forecast infrastructure needs in our fast-growing SaaS environment
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to resolve infrastructure issues
- Maintain highly available web and backend systems that serve millions of users and 1000’s of requests per second
Environment & Team:
- BS in Information Systems or equivalent industry experience is required.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with public cloud infrastructure is required.
- 4+ years hands-on experience working in an IaC environment with CloudFormation, TerraForm or Kubernetes is required.
- 3+ years hands-on experience managing SQL databases is required.
- Interest in learning a functional programming language such as Haskell, Scala, Clojure, etc. is required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills is required.
- AWS, CloudFormation, PostgreSQL and Haskell experience is preferred.
- Some interest in full-stack web application technology from CSS to AWS is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $105,000 - $200,000 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Renaissance is committed to maintaining a safe and healthful environment for our employees and customers. To uphold this commitment, Renaissance requires all employees to receive a full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless an individual has been granted an exemption as an accommodation due to a disability, religious reasons and/or state and local laws.
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team! Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products. Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.