Staff Engineer, Compute at Netskope (Remote)
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and [email protected]
About the role
Netskope is seeking a senior engineer for our infrastructure team to focus on compute aspects: cluster management, job scheduling, deployment, configuration, and more.
Please note, this team is hiring across Sr. Software Engineer, Staff Engineer, Sr. Staff Engineer and Principal Engineer levels and all candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
- Design, implement, deploy, and run our compute facilities
- Cloud cluster management
- Distributed task scheduling
- Automated software deployment systems.
- Configuration management server for a cloud environment.
- Templates and guidelines for service configuration.
- BSCS or related field required, MSCS or related field strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience with cloud cluster management technologies: Kubernetes (preferred) etc.
- Managing in production
- Multi-tenant and isolation
- CKA/CKAD certification highly preferred
- Helm experience preferred
- Familiarity with job scheduling in a distributed environment
- Public cloud administration: AWS (preferred), Azure, GCE
- Go, Python expertise