Staff Engineer, Backend Services at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
The RingCentral Video Engineering (RCV) team is based at our headquarters in Belmont, CA. We are at the forefront of the company’s next-gen and highest priority product advancements. We work closely with local Product and other Engineering teams and remote development centers in Odessa, Ukraine, St. Petersburg (SPB), Russia, and Xiamen, China.
The person in this highly strategic role will spearhead critical engineering initiatives focused on increasing RingCentral’s leadership footprint in the UCaaS domain. S/he should have a demonstrable track record of working in fast-paced engineering teams that have delivered services at scale.
- Build a scalable backend services architecture for the webinar product.
- Work closely with technical leadership working on services in Belmont and SPB.
- Implement scalable distributed backend software that serves core business logic, authentication, and database design for webinars.
- Design and implement secure APIs to enable other products to integrate these developed technologies in the team
- Champion the continuous investigation of new technologies, and participate in a culture of innovation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years experience in developing highly scalable, low latency, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Expertise in at least one public cloud architecture such as AWS.
- Implementation experience with Websockets, Pub-Sub, Rest APIs, Portals, Presence & Notifications, Service Discovery, and Containerization is needed.
- Technical expertise in one of the Java, Scala or Node.JS is required.
- Exposure to Spring framework, Elastic Bean Stalk (EBS), API Gateways, Kinesis, Lambdas, Amazon SNS/SQS, and PubNub.
- Well-versed in relational and NoSQL databases, data lakes and ETL workflows, and real-time dashboards with Kibana/Grafana.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, or Travis; Service deployment and orchestration tools such as Elastic Beanstalk or ECS.
- Solid understanding of web application security using SSL certs, OAuth/JWT based authentication.
- Driven with the ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Passion for creating best in class products
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.