Staff DevOps Engineer (Portals) (Remote) at Datto, Inc.
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers,
is looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at
its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service
provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can
change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business
continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower
and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut
and have 22 offices worldwide.
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work
and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a
diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you
contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the
future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to
customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you
attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around
you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
As a Staff DevOps Engineer you will join the SaaS Engineering team - working closely with
Software Development, QE, Infrastructure, and Operations teams to develop tools to facilitate
our software development and release processes, enable build and deployment pipelines, and
manage development and test environments.
Job function and responsibilities include :
- Contribute to the maturing DevOps/Release Engineering function of Datto SaaS
Protection utilizing methodologies such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery,
Agile, and Test-Driven Development
- Collaborate with the Product, Software Development, and Quality Engineering teams to
reduce cycle time and increase overall quality and stability
- Design, develop, support, and maintain the deployment pipeline that brings code from
developer to production
- Integrate with all of the relevant systems (e.g. source code management, build, change
control, test automation) to ensure that code changes move smoothly through the pipeline
with as little human intervention as possible
- Work hand in hand with the engineering team to optimize developer productivity
ensuring that developer deployments can be done quickly and efficiently
- Partner and collaborate with the central DevOps team, which looks after the core
infrastructure, and other functional DevOps teams across the broader portfolio of Datto
products and services
- Monitor internal engineering systems
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively; continually improve processes and
reliability of the deployment pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in software development, automation, infrastructure as code, and data-driven
- Experience building, managing, and supporting Kubernetes clusters
- Background leading and driving implementation and processes around configuration
management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and Salt
- Hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell,
Python, Ruby, and Perl
- Experience packaging and deploying software on and operating Linux or other UNIX
- Familiar with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as
GitLab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, JIRA, and ServiceNow.
- Virtualized hardware and infrastructure experience
- Solid understanding of the development lifecycle and how code flows from development
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting competency
- Strong tendency to automate and monitor everything
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the
position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be
suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.