Staff Consultant - Simulators at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Staff Consultant – Simulators
This engineering position is for an experienced engineer with a track record of designing, delivering, maintaining, and supporting Space Vehicle Test Beds, and Hardware-In-The-Loop Simulators.
What You´ll Do:
- Design, develop and implement real-time simulations of Ball Aerospace space vehicles.
- Provide guidance and oversight to program and proposal teams on Simulator and Test Bed plans.
- Develop executable technical plans that reduce risk and meet customer requirement on Ball’s Space Vehicle programs.
- Be the primary technical interface with Program Systems Engineers and the customer.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including system & software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, and documentation.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for multiple small teams of engineers.
- Develop requirements, verification & validation products necessary to sell off simulators for both internal and customer contract deliverables
- Provide early identification of issues that would prevent simulators from meeting both their requirements and the customer’s expectations
- Chair Engineering Review Boards for Ball Simulator efforts.
- Support the development of department wide risk and opportunities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and customers. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree and/or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience developing model-based simulations using Matlab/Simulink, with a preference for those with experience with auto code generation using Embedded Coder, Simulink Coder and/or Matlab Coder.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems using programming languages such as C/C++, and Ruby/Python.
- Understanding or experience with real-time operating systems including Linux/VxWorks preferred.
- Exposure to or familiarity with control theory.
- A working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software version control, coding standards and style guides.
- Experience with and knowledge of Space Avionics Systems and their electrical interfaces.
- Good Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $163,000 - $205,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.