Staff Backend Engineer - Feedback at Socure (Remote)
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
Socure is looking for a Staff Engineer to lead our Feedback team. The role is to build the foundational services that will aggregate and make available all the feedback Socure collects to our Data Scientist. Machine learning does not work without feedback, this role is critical to ensure we continue to offer best in class services to our customers!
This is a remote position based in the US reporting to the Director of Engineering. Join us and lead the way to eliminate identity fraud!What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with cross functional partners including engineering, product, data science, operations and sales to develop product roadmap for Socure’s feedback aggregation services
- Define architecture of the product to meet business needs and promote developer efficiency as we scale and grow our business.
- Own the technical roadmap and lead the team in building Socure’s cutting-edge products.
- Implement the most challenging components of the product and help others in their implementations in order to ensure the data is secure and continuously available whenever needed.
- Lead the team in design and code reviews while mentoring other engineers at various levels.
- 8+ years of practical experience in building backend services at scale
- 2+ years of experience as a technical lead for a small team of engineers
- Strong experience owning technical designs and implementation end to end
- Experience leading and mentoring other team members and providing technical guidance
- Solid experience in Scala or Java
- Strong grasp on design patterns and ability to write robust backend code following best practices
- Possess knowledge of supervised learning techniques and understand how training data is presented to them
- A customer-first mindset and ability to communicate complex technical concepts with individuals across varying levels and functions of the organization
- Experience working within Agile methodologies in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Free meals