Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is a platform that both celebrates and benefits from our user's creativity, and we're working on a new canvas for them to paint with. Tens of thousands of developers are already building against our API, but we can do so much more.
The Developer Platform team's goal is to allow communities to find and install plugins that completely customize & transform members' experiences and interactions. Everything's on the table, including comment sorting, custom post types, and more. Many communities may become immersive, game-like experiences.
We need you to join us to build the platform powering this new vision of programmable communities, using Go to build a scalable architecture connecting plugins to the firehose of user requests and data.
On the team, you will:
- Be the key leader and architect of the developer platform serverless runtime, and its integration with the rest of Reddit..
- Be hands-on. You write a mean Design Doc, you can rally the team, but you're spending at least half your time coding.
- Write mostly Go (but also probably a little bit of Typescript, Python)
- Prioritize and build new platform features and APIs that enable developers to expand the ways they can interact with Reddit
- Connect Reddit's data to a serverless platform for running user scripts
- Care deeply about performance, scalability, and security.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, testing, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, and giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Move fast while balancing quality. We can’t afford extensive processes, and we also can’t afford show-stopping bugs. We need people who can balance speed with quality while quickly building brand-new products.
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning for the future. Don’t just come along for the ride.
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
- Likely 8+ years of industry experience, writing backend services in a high-request-rate, high-performance environment.
- Experience in Go, *AND* a demonstrated ability to learn and operate in many languages. You love some particular language(s) and you know why you do.
- Demonstrated experience building moderately complex and successful Service-oriented Architectures.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that people love.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].