Staff Back End Developer (Platform Services) - Remote, Romania at 8x8
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:17 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 28, 2022
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Want to make a bigger impact in these extraordinary times? Join us in shaping the future of our Platform. 8x8 is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our Platform team.
What will you build?
You will be part of a development team that works on critical applications and is involved in the entire life cycle of the product from development to deployment. One of the services owned by the team is responsible for the management and porting of phone numbers and is heavily used by other services in the 8x8 ecosystem to meet our customers’ demands.
How will you do it?
We adopted the Microservices architectural style and run our system in a hybrid Public Cloud - Private DataCenter infrastructure.
Highlights of our technology stack:
- Backend: SpringBoot/Cloud, Kafka
- AWS Managed Services
- Infrastructure, configuration and deployment: Docker, Kubernetes
- Observability: Wavefront, New Relic, Dashbase, Lightstep
Our Agile Process is continuously improved in order to support our Continuous Delivery mindset and fast evolving business needs.
We are firm believers that Quality relies on healthy engineering practices:
- Well articulated Technical Design
- API First
- Great Code
- Extensive and candid Peer Reviews
- Qualitative and quantitative test coverage as per the Pyramid of Tests- Excellent Documentation
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and implement technical solutions that satisfy Product requirements
- Satisfy NFR-s, with special emphasis on Security and Observability
- Engage in the Continuous Improvement process
- Interactions with other Teams and Stakeholders
Are we a good match?
- Proven technical experience- Very strong knowledge of Java Core
- Spring ecosystem know-how- Proficiency in Database technologies (SQL and NoSQL)
- Good knowledge of Distributed Systems
- Good knowledge of NFR-s analysis and implementation
- Deliver beautiful and well tested code
- Exposure to AWS (or other Public Cloud)
- Self Starter and ambitious
- Play the long game
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
- 25 annual leave days.
- Additional vacation of 1 leave day for every 2 complete years of employment (max. up to 5 days)
- Bank Holidays (Public Holidays) during the weekend, are observed on weekdays
- Participation in the company’s bonus scheme – based on company performance and individual performance
- Private Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Meal Tickets
- Telecom allowance
- Newborn allowance
- Christmas and Easter Allowance
- Flexible benefits platform
- Employee engagement activities and events
- Learning and training initiatives
- Flexible working schedule
- Restricted stock unit: generous grant of stocks that you receive when signing with us, enabling you to own a part of the company
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
More Information on 8x8
8x8 operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Campbell, CA and New York, NY. 8x8 was founded in 2022. It has 2147 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 54 open jobs at 8x8, click here.
Read Full Job Description