Stack - Software Engineer - CI/Infrastructure at Elastic
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Stack infrastructure team at Elastic supports critical operations within engineering, including the Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure. Elastic is a big CI shop: 4 years ago, we were running 10k monthly builds - we are now at 800K across 16 Jenkins clusters. We’re hitting a new scaling ceiling and need to break it to sustain a 5x growth in the coming years. We have an ambitious roadmap to get there, and need help to deliver on it.What you will be doing:
- Develop, maintain and scale Elastic’s CI infrastructure. While we currently use Jenkins to power our infrastructure, we’ve written extensible tooling around it to overcome scaling and functionality limitations. Elastic keeps growing fast, and our infrastructure needs to constantly grow with it.
- Partner with product teams to support their needs and improve their experience with the CI platform. A lot of our work consists of interacting with our internal customers, helping them through technical issues they may be facing or listening to and addressing their infrastructure needs.
- Be a part of the infrastructure team within engineering at Elastic. We're a group of engineers with responsibilities that range from SRE type work to developing applications, but we share a common mission to solve challenges with software. Helping to operate our infrastructure, including participation in the team-wide support-rotation, is an aspect of this team as well.
- We each bring something to the table. Perhaps you have experience writing developer tooling in a variety of languages. Maybe you have operational experience working as an SRE. Or you have experience administering and scaling systems on various cloud environments.
- An upbeat attitude and keen interest in supporting customers.
- A love for Elastic products. This isn't a deal-breaker, but prior experience operating and/or using software like Elasticsearch will put you in a fantastic position to succeed!
- Familiarity working in a remote environment. We rely on clear, frequent communication with a distributed team of peers.
- A healthy desire to learn and an appetite for curiosity. None of us are experts in all the technologies we use and support, but we're inclined to expand our skills when the situation demands.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.