Pachyderm is the leader in data versioning and pipelines for MLOps. We’re building the data foundation that allows data science teams to automate and scale their machine learning lifecycle while guaranteeing reproducibility. With over $40 million in three rounds of funding from leading investors like Benchmark, Microsoft M12, and Y Combinator, Pachyderm is committed to building industrial strength capabilities for Data Centric AI. Pachyderm offers a commercial Enterprise Edition and an open source Community Edition. Pachyderm helps customers get their ML and AI projects to market faster, lower data processing and storage costs, and supports strict data governance requirements.
Pachyderm is growing fast and still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and that you will have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere. Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
You'll be working closely with our systems engineering and design teams to ship a core product that will define the future of the business. Your main task will be developing the web application that will become the "face" of the product and one of the primary modes for data scientists to build/manage their data and pipelines. This includes working on both the frontend and GraphQL APIs.
The long and short of it is, if you're looking to make a big impact on a small team that works on open source software and delivers an enterprise-grade product, then this role is for you. You can check out our product on github.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- Build out Typescript applications and internal libraries
- Work cross-team to ship and own large features
- Collaborate with, and mentor other engineers on the team
- Partner with product managers, designer, and leadership to deeply understand the needs and build the product
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity for the team
- You will set the short-term and long-term technical vision and goals for the team
- Proactively seek out and remove technical debt, as well as identify potential areas of improvement in the codebase
- Continue to improve and refine the team’s standards, and advocate for these through code reviews
- A solid understanding of standard web development workflows including Git, CI, and automated testing.
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. Jest, Cypress)
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks and then execute efficiently
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. You’ll need to be able to distill complex design decisions both internally and externally.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes are a big plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for fast-paced, high growth companies
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!