Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Infrastructure team
Our Infrastructure team is committed to ensuring all software systems are operating with high efficiency, and are regularly building and deploying scalable solutions that keep Karat at peak performance.What you will do
As SRE Manager at Karat, you will manage a team of Site Reliability Engineers responsible for securing, maintaining, automating and operationalizing the infrastructure building blocks for our data, engineering, and technology teams. You will be hands-on in building automated, secure, and reliable systems that allow us to deliver high quality products and services to a variety of end-users.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
- Build and lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers focused on creating complex back-end infrastructure.
- Oversee infrastructure upgrade and expansion projects.
- Promote best practices in system design and actively contribute to architectural decisions.
- Drive continuous improvements in the capacity, reliability, availability, and performance of core systems.
- Work closely with Karat’s security team to ensure overall company compliance (e.g. SOC2, GDPR, etc.).
- Take ownership for the availability and reliability of our critical platform services and applications.
- 7+ years of experience in a DevOps / SRE role
- 4+ years of experience leading DevOps / SRE teams
- Deep experience with the AWS ecosystem and operating web based applications including automating deployment, monitoring, and alerting
- Strong understanding of Unix (Linux), including containers and orchestration
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].