Responsibilities:The Video Collaboration Operations System Engineer will provide operational oversight and leadership of all Video Collaboration Operations in the Production environment for The Walt Disney Company. Specific focus will be on operational support diverse portfolio of video conference solutions and is responsible for ensuring great customer experiences with all TWDC Video Teleconferencing Services, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other tools and facilities that provide collaboration value to our customer base. The candidate will provide technical leadership over Outsourcing Partners and other technical subject matter experts on all operational activities for maintaining a highly reliable services and service improvement initiatives. Additional focus will be on restoring service outages and root cause analysis. The candidate will work in conjunction with Digital Experience Engineering Team for the transition of new services/capabilities into the Video Collaboration Portfolio.
Additionally this position will drive service improvement initiatives through proactive monitoring and enhancement actions from gaps identified through analytics and by our Customers. Position is an active member of the Video Collaboration service team focused on Operations, but assists in the design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of the portfolio. Position will also be responsible for ensuring the operations sustainability by contributing to the development, testing, evaluation and design of video collaboration space.
Leverage partnerships with the Business, Customer base and the Suppliers to successfully deliver services to meet agreed upon expectations. Provides 24x7x365 first point-of-contact for centralized incident response and recovery that consistently and reliably triages reported or automated incidents, applies recovery procedures, and engages domain experts to restore steady-state operations; provides all core services on a priority basis and with dedicated support to ensure the success of critical events.
In addition to the functional responsibilities, the Video Collaboration Operations Systems Engineer will be a key member of a high performing team. This includes working with contract and service provider resources, along with Disney Cast Members, therefore it is important to understand the different approaches required to interact with, motivate and guide, contractor, and managed services resources.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Enterprise VTC/Collaboration Services
- Expert troubleshooting/triage skills in complex multiplatform environments supporting Zoom and Microsoft Teams video conferencing platforms and related conference room hardware solutions.
- Experience in planning, deploying and supporting complex Video Collaboration solutions
- Experience with ITIL frameworks and processes
- Experience working within large, complex production teams
- Experience working within an outsourced environment
- Vendor relationship management experience
- Comfortable working within a highly matrixed organization
- Strong technology driven process experience
- Ability to work under pressure, meet internal and external work schedules and or deadlines and show effective time and crisis management skills
- Expertise in supporting large-scale environments in a diverse culture
- Demonstrated attentiveness to detail, strong partnering skills, proactive problem-solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to delivery work on time
- Proven team player with the ability to mentor, guide, and influence cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop clear and concise thoughts into proposals, recommendations, and findings
- Proficient in Microsoft O365 suite, Zoom Admin console
- Expertise in large-scale migrations between Systems
- ITIL v3 Certification Preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Equivalent work experience would be considered in lieu of degree.
- Master’s in IT Systems or Business Administration (MBA) or MS in technical discipline