Sr Systems Engineer (US Remote) at Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewApplications Practice Office is part of North America Systems Integrations
Organization with Motorola Solutions. Application Practice Office (APO) is
committed to enabling mission critical applications, adding value to our
customer’s investments and providing best in class delivery experience.
Design & Quotation Support
Standards, Best Practices & Process Development
Implementation, Upgrade & Migration Support
Technical Support Services (Escalation)
Continuing Education & Training Development
Technical Vendor Management
Develops, designs, evaluates, and/or modifies systems consistent with customer and regulatory requirements. Develops system architecture, and ensures the integrity of the architecture
- Technical Authority providing overall technical leadership for the project implementation.
- Works with customer to understand overall solutions needs and functionality of MSI and third party applications.
- Takes ownership of the technical solution from pre and post-sale. Works with the project manager to develop the project deployment schedule.
- Identify technical risks of the projects and works with PM on mitigation plans.
- Identify customer expectation mismatch to how products work and works with PM on mitigation plans.
- Technical counterpart with the PM in third party vendor, customer, and internal facing meetings.
- Owns project change control as it pertains to the overall technical solution.
- Strong collaborative skills strongly desired
NOTE: Candidate may reside anywhere in the US
- BS Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or similar degree and 6+ years industry experience
- OR 8+ years of engineering industry experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.