Sr. Systems Engineer - Masters New College Grad - Multiple Locations - 2023 (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
We are seeking new grad Sr. Systems Engineers to join Visa’s growing team. As the Sr. Systems Engineer, you will design and automate the implementation of server infrastructure on a variety of projects while adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact with technology domain experts and operate in a complex, highly-secure, and highly-available operations environment. The solutions you design will be large scale, always available, secure, fast, accessible, and globally ready with an impact measured in future years.
We welcome your curiosity when gathering and understanding customer requirements and developing creative solutions and improvements. You will have the opportunity to bring your creativity and technology experience to help build platforms that are utilized across our operation and infrastructure platforms to create a seamless, fast, reliable and user-friendly experience.
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, and team needs. By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered across multiple locations.
Job duties and projects could include:
- Working on design and deployment automation experience, and coordinate activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design, automation, and deployment
- Analyzing business requirements and developing a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of the solution
- Understanding and owning component security analysis, including code and data flow review
- Collaborating with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Engaging in new technology evaluation and selection process for new projects by driving proof of concepts.
- Supporting the triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in a production environment
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters or MBA)
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Business or a related field, graduating January 2022 - August 2023
- Have a quality-first mindset, with the understanding of clean code and clean architecture best practices and an appetite to develop high quality, bug-free code
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Experience as a contributor/committer in one of the Big Data technologies - Spark, Hive, Kafka, or Hadoop (HDFS and Yarn) is a plus
- Interest in the automation of Operating Systems
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.