We are currently hiring remotely, or local to our home offices.
Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
The role: Sr. Node Software Engineer
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, your primary focus will be to work directly with the product management team to conceive, develop, and refine our internal lead generation applications and deliver outstanding experiences and value to our sales team. You will work in an iterative, data driven environment to refine the application.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and deploy features for Housecall Pro’s Internal tooling with a focus on lead generation applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management to refine initial concepts features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant server side A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Stay up to date with new Growth and Personalization tools
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program
- 1-4 years experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of node.js
- Data Driven
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Familiarity with ReSTful APIs
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Experience with ROR is a plus
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro champions home service professionals by giving them the tools to work simpler and grow smarter across all aspects of their business. Our core SaaS software platform helps Pros with scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, marketing, and more. We support more than 20,000 businesses and have over 400 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees in San Diego, Denver, and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that’ll invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. #LI-TM1