Sr Staff Software Engineer-Platform Web at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We're dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
What our team values:
- Being humble and having each others' backs
- Learning new things and sharing expertise with each other-by answering a quick question on Slack, pairing on a feature, or leading a lunch and learn session
- Producing high quality work we're proud of, and not taking shortcuts
- Having fun-we like to joke around, eat lunch together, and even hang outside of work
- Leaving work at work, maintaining a sustainable pace (no big bangs, few big pushes)
What you get to do in this role:
- Design and evangelize solutions and best practices to improve performance and reliability of SaaS/Cloud and Native Platform applications and infrastructure.
- Prototype and conduct system performance and functional analysis of new advanced architectures in comparison with existing paradigms
- Assist with production triage and root cause analysis when performance or availability issues arise
- Drive strategic initiatives in partnership with Product Management, Program Management, and Executive Staff to optimize performance
- Work with internal engineering teams to optimize and characterize new components, functions, and architectures
- Innovate and develop tools and process to repeatably, reliably, and efficiently deploy performant systems, applications, and platforms to production.
- Communicates strategy and technology roadmaps to executive staff, industry partners and customers.
- Focus on user experience of all kinds.
- As a senior staff engineer you'll set the tone for our team and mentor your teammates. You'll own and help lead large projects within the design system.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Passion for developing web platforms and possesses full-stack expertise.
- 10+ years in developing web and/or native applications; possessing strong analytical and programming skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in Performance Analysis and troubleshooting of production systems.
- Domain expertise on public cloud, distributed system, service-oriented architectures.
- Significant experience in defining, reviewing and implementing non-functional requirements (availability, reliability etc.)
- Proficiency in performance engineering design, implementing, and automating benchmarks.
- Proven track record in conceiving of improvements, establishing a shared vision, getting stakeholder buy-in, and delivering impactful changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well in a distributed team. environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.