What you'll do
- Technical strategy for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems
- Participating in the strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs
- Actively owning the international platform and defining their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- Collaborating with engineers within our team and across the organization.
- Improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes throughout the organization
What we look for
- 10+ years software engineering experience
- You have a proven track record of developing, testing, and shipping high-quality software at scale
- You enjoy leading technical architecture discussions and drive technical decisions within your team and beyond
- You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. If anything, you trend towards over-communication
- You mentor other engineers in a technical capacity through sharing your learnings and providing feedback that will help the team grow
- You are empathetic to the user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
Some of the tech you will use:
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.