Sr. Staff Software Architect at The Walt Disney Company
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide architectural and technology guidance to a variety of teams across the data organization
- Collaborate with other architects to establish best practices and overall architectural vision
- Lead on technology proof of concept efforts
- Security architecture
- Code/project reviews and guidance
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field
- Financial/Accounting Applications development and design experience.
- AWS development and design experience
- An understanding of distributed systems design.
- Some Big Data (Hadoop/Hive/S3/Snowflake/Redshift) environment experience.
- Solid communication skills with technical staff as well as executive leadership.
- Experience in building out common architectural diagrams and artifacts: Reference architecture, data flow diagrams, system diagrams, logical/physical data models…
- A passion for building out the next generation of distributed systems in a multi-region ecosystem.
- Ability to work well with a fast-moving, positive, hard-driving team to develop innovative solutions at amazing scale.
- Software architect with Financial Applications Development Experience in AWS-On-Premise hybrid-cloud using Big Data technologies.
- Certificates in Hadoop/Spark, Cloud, or security
- Masters degree or higher in Computer Science or other relevant field of study
- Strong motivation and ability to work independently