Sr. / Staff Site Reliability Engineer at ServiceNow (South Bay)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design, and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
None of this would be possible without people like you. We have Site Reliability Engineering positions available in our San Diego office for those that are ready to grow with us.
Let's get straight to the point.
- Have a passion for Software Development?
- Know Linux systems in depth?
- Write code to automate repetitive tasks?
- Smile when you troubleshoot and solve an issue in London from your laptop in San Diego?
- Have years of experience accumulated in roles like Networking, Software Development, or Systems Engineering?
Answer 'yes' to these questions and you are in the front row for a position as SRE at ServiceNow. Go ahead, hit the Apply button and let's have a chat about your skills and experiences.
Want to know more about us?
Now that we have set the pace, keep reading if you want to understand more about ServiceNow as a company and the SRE role.
Let’s start with the role
As an Engineer on the SRE team you will:
- Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure.
- Use your experience in software development, systems engineering, and networking to proactively prevent repeatable issues.
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Join a culture of intolerance to manual activity which results in a highly automated environment delivering scalable solutions.
Now a bit about the SRE team
The Site Reliability Engineering team is a group of highly technical engineers who are tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability, and performance of the ServiceNow platform and infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the stack from application through to hardware, and all levels in between. The ultimate goal of the SRE is to never escalate an issue to an engineering or development team by completely owning the resolution of issues in the ServiceNow environment. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down the number of incidents while reducing MTTR.
To accomplish this, the team combines software development, networking and systems engineering expertise, and a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity to make our service better for our customers.
And finally ServiceNow as a company
You already know that ServiceNow is changing the way people work. Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems
- Expertise in software Design and Development
- 5+ years (MySQL) Database administration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Expertise in Observability and Monitoring of applications, services, and networks at scale
- 5+ Years’ experience with Cloud technologies, preferably Azure
- Senior level networking skills, IP addressing and routing.
- Team-first attitude and an uncompromising attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work in shifts that cover one weekend day.
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow Platform is a bonus!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.