Sr. / Staff Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies in the world and we currently have Site Reliability Engineering positionsavailable.
ServiceNow builds and manages its own worldwide private cloud infrastructure to deliver SaaS products and services to our customers.
The ServiceNow SRE team is a group of highly technical engineers who are tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability and performance of the ServiceNow cloud infrastructure.
Our SRE's are empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from hardware through to application and all stops in between. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down the number of incidents and to reduce MTTR.
To accomplish this our SRE"s combine software development, networking and systems engineering expertise with a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity and to make services better for our customers.
Let's get straight to the point.
- Have a passion for DevOps, Automation and Scripting?
- Know Linux systems in depth?
- Have software development background?
- Understand Observability and Monitoring?
- Have Experience with Cloud technologies - Azure, AWS ?
- Write code to automate repetitive tasks?
- Smile when you trouble shoot and solve an issue in London from your laptop in San Diego?
- Have years of experience accumulated in roles like IT Operations, Software Development, or Systems Engineering?
Answer 'yes' to these questions and you are in the front row for a position as SRE at ServiceNow. Go ahead, hit the Apply button and let's have a chat about your skills and experiences.
Want to know more about us?
Now that we have set the pace, keep reading if you want to understand more about ServiceNow as a company and the SRE role.
Let's start with the role
As an Engineer on the SRE team you will:
- Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure.
- Use your experience in software development, systems engineering, and networking to proactively prevent repeatable issues.
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Drive a culture of intolerance to manual activity which results in a highly automated environment delivering scalable solutions.
- Drive monitoring and automation initiatives
To be successful in this role you have:
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems
- Expertise in software Design and Development
- 5+ years (MySQL) Database administration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Expertise in Observability and Monitoring of applications, services, and networks at scale
- 5+ Years' experience with Cloud technologies, preferably Azure
- Senior level networking skills, IP addressing and routing.
- Team-first attitude and an uncompromising attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work in shifts that cover one weekend day.
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow Platform is a bonus!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550 , or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.