Sr Staff Information Security Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
This role will be a part of the Security Build team that reports to the Senior Manager of Corp Security Engineering. The corporate security engineering team targets building state-of-the-art technology that will help reduce the risk surrounding the sensitive assets of the company with the least impact possible on operations, acts as guidance and facilitator to the security operations teams and helps shifting Security perception from blocker to enabler by building a relationship of trust with the other teams.
- Build and operationalize security tools.
- Suggest security improvements by assessing the current situation, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and supporting proof-of-concept experimentations.
- Create and present functional and technical designs including data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Implement and maintain security controls
- Participate in security incidents and help implement the containment and eradication.
- Evaluate audit findings and act upon them.
- Serve as an expert for the different tools built by the team.
- Act as guidance and facilitator to security operations.
- Build strong relationships with different stakeholders.
- Cross functional work across the enterprise to gather requirements and to attend workshops with subject matter experts
- Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
- Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams on roadmap and product feedback
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization
To be successful in this role you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral communication).
- Proven experience in being an effective team player.
- A keen analytical mind for problem solving, abstract thought, and offensive security tactics with a goal to make security a strong enabler at ServiceNow.
- Strong working knowledge of system internals as well as networking
- Proven experience with Automation (Python, Perl, bash scripting, etc.)
- Strong experience with securing cloud infrastructures.
- Experience in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac systems security.
- Ability to articulate complex issues to executives and customers
- A Computer Science/Engineering degree with 8+ years of proven, related experience is required
- Experience/Knowledge with security tools including (not limited to):
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.