ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
You will be part of the ServiceNow Big Data QE Team. As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will be a key member of the bigdata development and devOps team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and play a key role in release quality. You will combine conventional (JUnit, Selenium, Python unittest) test automation with novel and inventive approaches incorporating the entire product life-cycle.
What you get to do in this role:
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to design specific testing strategies for features being developed.
- Generate comprehensive test plans and test cases, and execute them for feature verification and regression.
- Work with other QE members, Developers, and devOps members on regression testing and change verification on production for product releases.
- Design and implement test automation for new features and existing features for regression testing.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years professional experience in quality assurance and/or application development.
- Hands-on experience working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, including JUnit, Selenium, Python unittest, and other open-source projects.
- Hands-on Experience with SQL queries and solid understanding of database concepts.
- Hands-on experience with Jenkin, Eclipse, Maven, and Git.
- Hands-on experience with various unix platforms.
- Good understanding of software design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Good understanding of web service APIs.
- Experience with agile methodology and working in enterprise cloud based technologies.
- Proven ability to learn new tools and technologies with minimal guidance.
- Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes.
- Nice to have: understanding of bigdata technologies like Hadoop, Impala/Hive, Spark Streaming, MapReduce, and Kafka.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.