Sr. Software Engineering Manager at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
As a Sr. Software Engineering Manager, you will work across our entire company to develop teams, build culture, and drive larger organizational goals. We are seeking someone who is a technical expert and people manager. The Software Engineering Manager will focus on developing talent and building systems that scale from both an operational and an organizational perspective.
What are examples of work that the Software Engineering Manager will do at VillageMD?
- Drive hiring, onboarding and retain talented Team Leads, Tech Leads and Software Engineers
- Coach engineers through the product delivery process
- Facilitate regular 1:1s and career growth conversations with your direct reports, that includes: goal setting, feedback, code reviews, coaching, and mentoring
- Keep a constant pulse across the engineering department to ensure team satisfaction and health, continuous growth and learning, and overall alignment
- Develop systems, strategies, high standards and collaborate closely with other stakeholders to deliver business value
- Build and enforce engineering best practices including design documentation and routine standups
- Manage teams at a high level and prioritize tasks
What will make you successful here?
- Being able to develop systems to do or support machine learning
- Exposure to healthcare data and/or other high-security environments
- Managing in remote, multi-time-zone environments
- Working with large-scale data labelling and acquisition
- Having a low ego
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of development experience in a company/production setting
- Prior hands-on software engineering experience and a solid understanding of backend systems, infrastructure, databases and large-scale data processing frameworks
- A track record of meeting objectives using metrics and providing business value
- Ability to evaluate languages and tools to effectively solve problems
- Confidence working through ambiguity and building process around it
- Experience evolving nascent systems and processes from functional to scalable
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills across distributed teams
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.