As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
8x8 is looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about delivering quality through highly efficient and scalable test automation frameworks and cares deeply about delivering the most value to end users as quickly and safely as possible.
· You are passionate about delivering end-to-end test automation frameworks using heterogeneous technologies
· You have the ability to analyze complex situations/problems and deliver logical and efficient automated solutions
· You have developed tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly
· You have a test-driven mindset firmly rooted in years of developing quality software
If it sounds like we’re describing you, read on!
· Architect, design, develop, deploy and maintain tooling, framework, and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
· Develop and maintain frontend and back end for test automation framework serving functional and non-functional testing of platform/ applications having Mobile, Web, and Desktop clients running on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
· Evangelize best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
· Contribute to most of the following areas: web app testing, mobile app testing, script/tool generation, test automation, Continuous Integration / Delivery (CI/CD), test plan generation, documentation, problem-solving/analysis, troubleshooting complex issues, and bug/defect tracking and reporting
· Design, create, document, and maintain test automation scripts/code
· Perform extensive functionality, integration, regression, interoperability, and end-to-end system testing when necessary
· Evaluate and integrate open source & proprietary tools/libraries to the existing frameworks
· Work closely with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that the highest quality software is deployed safely and quickly
· Adhere to 8x8 policies, processes, and standards
· Troubleshoot, analyze, isolate defects and report them to a bug tracking database (JIRA)
· Work with geo-dispersed cross-functional teams to achieve maximum uptime for test frameworks and infra
· BS or MS in CS / EE / CE or equivalent related work experience
· Minimum 8 years of experience with building test automation frameworks for platform/ applications having Mobile, Web, and Desktop clients running on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
· 4+ years of hands-on programming experience in Java leveraging Spring Framework
· 3+ years of hands-on experience with complex DB manipulations using relational (SQL) and nonrelational (NoSQL) databases
· Hands-on experience building CI automation pipelines using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
· 2+ years experience working with public cloud (OCI, AWS, Azure, GCP)
· Experience with test automation development using Java & Python, Junit, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, REST-Assured, and Appium from the ground up
· Excellent with working on REST services
· Experience in CI / CD tools - Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet
· Experience with engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TestRail, Confluence
· Sound knowledge of Manual & Automation Testing best practices in QE
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A team player, self-motivated, eager to learn, results-oriented, able to work independently as well as in a team environment, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to think “outside the box”
· Experience with Jenkins administration and Kubernetes administration
· Working knowledge of Unified Communications and Contact Center domain
WORKING AT 8x8
· Industry-leading, award-winning technology and recognized on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
· Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
· Encouragement and environment to make a difference
· Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania, and the US, the smiles are real
· Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
· Competitive packages, including bonus, benefits, and equity (stock)
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Español.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at [email protected] (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
More Information on 8x8
8x8 operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Campbell, CA and New York, NY. 8x8 was founded in 2022. It has 2147 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 48 open jobs at 8x8, click here.
Read Full Job Description