Sr. Software Engineer at SigFig (Remote)
We are SigFig.We’re here to empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine customer-centric, engaging, and intuitively designed solutions that use technology to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with the financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct-to-consumer or businesses-to-consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Tucson, Calgary, Singapore, and New Delhi, but also remote employees in any of the following states: Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Illinois, Nebraska, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Maryland, Nevada, New York, Texas, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Florida and Wisconsin.
SigFig’s B2B2C business model relies heavily on our ability to advise and partner with our enterprise clients to drive digital transformation. The Engineering Team builds end-to-end professional services for our enterprise clients helping to reimagine, design, execute and operate new ways to make financial advice more accessible to their clients. This team does this by leading multi-functional initiatives working side-by-side with enterprise clients and all of the functional areas within SigFig including engineering, marketing, product, customer success, business development, and SigFig’s executive leadership team.
As a Frontend Developer at SigFig, you will work with a team of brilliant developers to build solutions that analyze billions in investor assets, running complex algorithms and recommendations software to help people make better investment decisions. You’ll help us Platformize (yes, that’s a word) our code, build high-impact features and make it more easily configurable and customizable for a diverse set of needs. It’s not easy, but it’s an incredible opportunity for people who like technical, people, and business challenges.
You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and deliver software leveraging your technical expertise and growing in technology's breadth in more than one area. Your strong design, analytical, and problem-solving skills will be crucial to our success.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Designing API specifications and data modeling.
- Perform peer code reviews. Review performance, security, and flexibility of the code.
- Direct knowledge and use of AWS in a professional setting.
- Participating in SigFig’s agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standup, release and sprint planning, demos, a scrum of scrums).
- Interact with engineering members across the organization to ensure consistency in engineering practices and foster an active exchange of ideas. We have development centers in San Francisco, Tucson, Singapore, and India and the ability to work with distributed teams is a crucial skill.
Why We Value You
- Degree or diploma from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience. Strong Computer Science fundamentals - you understand data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Great Communication Skills - You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your thoughts during verbal and written communications. The work we do here is very collaborative (and globally distributed), so team players and experience with fast-moving projects are a big plus as well.
- Self-starters with the interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Has familiarity with Event-driven Architecture.
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices and technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Domain Experience - You understand the financial services domain and have executed projects involving the implementation and integration of software solutions with other financial institutions’ systems. You understand the need for strong security, audits, and performance criteria associated with the banking and financial services industry.
- Passion for finance and investing.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.