Sr. Software Engineer at thredUP (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:32 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaSⓇ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How you will make an impact
At thredUP, every garment we touch is unique, creating a fascinating puzzle of problems across pricing, inventory optimization, and search. In this role, you will work on a broad set of challenging problems within our inventory optimization team, from iterating on our services that support our pricing algorithms and related services, to working with other engineers and data scientists to support design, code, and deployment of models across the product landscape. You will play a pivotal role in advancing our ability to leverage inventory to drive business growth, working cross-functionally across marketing, search, browse, personalization, and promotions to maximize inventory value.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Architect, build, maintain, and improve thredUP's Inventory Optimization platform
- Collaborate with peers and other cross-functional teams across time zones in order to execute on business initiatives
- Contribute towards improving our processes and engineering culture
- Work with other engineers and data scientists to design, code, and deploy data science and machine learning solutions across the product landscape
- Participate in our knowledge-sharing culture by spreading best practices and learnings from prior experiences, helping the entire team level up
What we’re looking for:
- A proven track record of delivering secure, production grade software
- Strong back-end engineering experience working on Ruby on Rails applications
- A keen eye for quality, and experience owning highly available services where accuracy is critical
- Exceptional track record of delivering quality engineering solutions at different levels of the stack
- Strong experience in distributed systems design, event-based architectures and best practices
- Strong experience with continuous integration, test automation, and monitoring
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and strong product comprehension
- Prior experience working with Kafka, Elasticsearch, and/or DynamoDB is a plus
- Prior experience working with ML Engineers and Data Scientists is a plus
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays (US offices)
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
- 2021 FORTUNE Change the World Finalist
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a Colorado applicant, please e–mail [email protected] for salary information.
More Information on thredUP
thredUP operates in the Fashion industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Scottsdale, AZ, Vernon Hills, IL, Duluth, GA and Mechanicsburg, PA. thredUP was founded in 2009. It has 719 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 3 open jobs at thredUP, click here.
Read Full Job Description