Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
If you love writing code to solve complex, big data problems, then Cision Engineering is the place for you. We seek engineers who are passionate about building complete, production-quality software services, with a scalable and sustainable architecture and implementation, with high performance over large data sets, and with low latency and high availability.
We have a diverse organization with engineers across the globe. We are solving challenging and interesting problems offer to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow!
About the Role:
- Deliver web experiences that are highly crafted and rewarding to the Public Relations and Marketing community.
- Collaborate with web, design, and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered feature or service.
- Deliver experiences that are user-focused and adhere to accessibility standards.
- Work with the product development team in driving innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Maintain code standards regarding quality, privacy, accessibility, security, documentation, etc.
Required Experience and Attributes:
- 5-8+ years experience
- Proven professional experience using Java or another jvm language to deliver scalable services and APIs
- Experience working with JS frameworks (React or Angular)
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Experience and understanding of AWS platform - Elasticsearch and Kinesis highly desirable
- Strong passion for delivering high quality, large scale services.
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging, event technologies, pub/sub services.
- Strong problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
- Strong customer focus with ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams to ensure continued customer happiness.
Nice to Have Experience and Education
- Experience with Cassandra or other NoSQL datastores
- Experience building and deploying microservices - Vertx highly desirable
- Experience working with Grails, SpringBoot, or similar rapid-development frameworks DevOps experience: version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Ansible
- General experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
More Information on Cision
Cision operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL and Houston, TX. Cision was founded in 1867. It has 2736 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 98 open jobs at Cision, click here.
Read Full Job Description