Sr. Software Engineer at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of API application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of .NET and structured programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. Responsibilities are focused on structured programming concepts and work requires writing that delivers high quality results. The incumbent will focus on development and implementation of API’s. General direction is received from the Manager, API Platform Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
.NET / Core System Development
- Develop, create, and modify finance computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Analyze and design application database solutions, collaborating database development efforts across organization.
- Responsible for full life cycle development of web-based applications to include design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems.
- Conduct detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolve problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- Conduct cross-functional code review.
- Work on multiple high-level projects concurrently and serve as the project leader for large scope and/or complexity initiatives.
- Utilize effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments.
- Identify problems related to primary financial software and determine corrective action.
- Develop custom programs based on business need.
- Work with the Service Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues.
- Identify and implement solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
- Trains and mentor less experienced Developers and Engineers.
- Train the Service Desk on operational procedures and processes developed by the Sr. Software Engineer.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if you have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with relevant Microsoft Certification, and:
- 5+ years’ experience in application development using .NET Framework or Core Financial Systems Framework
- Prior agile experience required
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance required
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required
- Project management experience working as the technology lead on several projects concurrently required
- Experience with MVC
- Experience with Web API
- Experience with WCF
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft solution stack
- Prior experience with API Gateway platforms strongly desired (APIGEE, etc.)
- Familiarity with unit testing and mocking concepts and frameworks
- Prior experience with release automation desired
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off