Sr. Software Engineer at RingCentral
RingCentral is the #1 global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Engineering Team to make sure we stay way ahead of the competition.
Ready to join the most innovative Engineer Program in the industry? RingCentral’s award-winning Engineering Team is a collaborative, goal-oriented organization that invests heavily in its people.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer to join the RingCentral Engineering team in our Boulder, CO location to work on Engage Voice, a mission critical Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) offering. In this position, you will work with management, architects and engineers to help inform and understand the product roadmap. You’ll be responsible for creative problem solving and building new solutions in a microservice-oriented, distributed, high performance enterprise CCaaS platform. You’ll work side-by-side with on-shore and off-shore teams, participate in mentoring engineers, actively engage in code reviews with engineers across multiple disciplines, and help to elevate the quality of the code and the product. This is an opportunity to enter a high visibility position at a critical moment in our growth.
- Design and develop new components to meet the growing needs of the CCaaS market
- Enhance or overhaul existing systems to ensure continued success over time
- Develop technical specifications and engineering documentation for planning and reference
- Help assess impact and risk to business on various technology decisions
- Mentorship and code-reviews
- Help engineers get “un-stuck” when they run into technical problems
- Help inform overall code quality and testing standards and ensure they are being met by engineering teams
- Work with onshore and offshore teams in consolatory and collaborative capacities
- Proven ability to learn complex, distributed systems quickly and thoroughly
- Proven ability to document complex systems, networks, events and architectures
- 6+ years software engineering experience
- Strong Java / Spring experience
- Strong Experience with event driven, microservice architecture
- Experience with MySQL / Amazon Aurora / Hibernate / JDBC
- Demonstrable experience in a SaaS delivery model
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Data stream technology experience (Kafka) preferred
- NoSQL document storage experience preferred
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Our work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining the best people because we know great people power our success. We’d love to hear from you.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
If you are hired in Colorado, the compensation range for this position is between $103,000 - $155,000 for full-time employees, in addition to eligibility for variable pay, equity, and benefits. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health and wellness, 401k, ESPP, vacation, parental leave, and more! The salary may vary depending on your location skills, and experience.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.