If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions is the market leader in delivering large scale communications systems for the federal and public safety markets. These systems support the mission critical communications needs of organizations such as Police, Fire, EMS, DEA, Customs and Border Patrol, as well as many others.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute as an individual developer on specific features by writing new feature software for the product
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within quality assurance, time and cost constraints.
- Perform design documentation and coding activities, employing existing mature software development processes in the organization.
- Design, implement and test embedded software subsystems using Object Oriented development methodology.
- Create and execute unit, integration, system, load and acceptance tests. Use software system testing procedures, and document results.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing mature software development processes.
- Develop intellectual property for the corporation.
- Inter-group and intra-group teamwork in a multi-site world-wide development environment
- Experience / Proficient in embedded software development using Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience / Proficiency in C++
- Knowledge of Python and / or Java
- Experience / Proficiency in Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
- Experience in wired & wireless communications protocols (USB, TCP/IP, P25, OSI networking stack) in embedded real-time systems is a plus
- Experience in Test Driven Development is a plus
- Experience with the use of test equipment such as logic analyzers, serial data analyzers, oscilloscopes etc.) is a plus
- Experience with development tools (such as compilers, emulators/JTAG, debuggers, etc.) is a plus
- At least a Bachelor's Degree; major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related
- 5+ years of experience
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.