Sr Software Engineer at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from streaming, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies, and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
Core Systems & Platforms vision is to design, build, integrate, and deploy highly effective and stable core business systems and platforms for the Enterprise and Corporate Functions. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own Core Finance function domain
What You Will Be Doing:
- The candidate must be able to work at the strategic program level and at the tactical project level.
- This Senior Software Engineer position is a critical technology role, responsible for designing and developing software in Finance technology platforms with focus on SAP development within a highly complex and large financial ecosystem.
- Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing software for Payroll, Core Finance, Source to Pay, Acquire to Retire (Fixed Assets), General Accounting and Lease Accounting.
- Responsibilities include: Design, develop and test high performance, highly scalable and flexible software solutions with focus on SAP ECC and SAP S/4.
- Oversee technical coding changes and ensure they are to Disney standard and the appropriate syntax for performance on a large-scale ERP system.
- Make recommendations on technical decisions for complex development scenarios requiring transformation from existing processes.
- Understand interdependencies of development changes, along with impacts to other cast members workstreams, and clearly communicate these impacts.
- Manage delivery by vendor resources, driving toward on time, on budget, and on function outcomes.
- Proven experience in managing and validating vendors' work done on SAP applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with strong writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to execute delivery on large programs with multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Proven experience in participating in complex technical projects with complexity across stakeholders, multi-functional teams, requirements, and implementations.
- Experience with SAP S/4, BCS and/or ABAP on HANA Experience with Fiori and SAP Enterprise Portal.
- Minimum of 5+ Years in Technology engineering roles for large/enterprise software companies including financial, technical and business stakeholder executive facilitation.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with SAP ECC and writing complex programs utilizing SAP's ABAP programming language Experience with large data ERPs and understanding the performance impacts when writing code.
- Experience with SAP S/4, BCS and/or ABAP on HANA
- Experience with Fiori and SAP Enterprise Portal
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in California is $136,038 to $182,490 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.