Sr. Software Engineer at The Walt Disney Company (Santa Monica)
- Design, develop, and maintain our search technology to enhance the user experience for Disney customers
- Participate in architecture design for search, relevance, and ranking problems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like Product and Program to identify search-related business requirements and provide technical solutions
- Mentor, empower and provide career growth opportunities for team members
- Foster and maintain effective communication channels with your team members, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Monitor and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of our search infrastructure
- Leave systems better than you found them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on building well-designed architecture, shipping robust code and contributing to a positive team environment
- Demonstrated success in being part of a team problem-solving, designing and implementing software at scale
- Mentorship experience & a desire to help your fellow engineers get better at what they do
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience presenting and explaining complex technical ideas to peers and leadership
- Biased towards action, with experience delivering high-quality software solutions on time, at scale and within budget.
Nice To Haves:
- Solid understanding of search technologies, such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene, and applied machine learning techniques, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, and natural language processing.
- Experience with search relevance tuning, query optimization, and ranking algorithms that incorporate applied machine learning techniques.
The hiring range for this position is $129,560 to $199,870 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.