Sr. Software Engineer at Echo Global Logistics (Remote)
Sr. Software Engineers work in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Business Analysts, and Business Owners. They contribute to technical design including high-level conceptual diagrams, ERD and service contracts using C# and SQL based technologies (open to other languages) in an Agile environment.
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Sr. Software Engineer work in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Business Analysts, and Business Owners
- Producing high quality code and addressing technical debt.
- Support and accountable for timely releases
- Prepares data sets to test logic, error handling and system workflows. Isolates, reproduces, and tracks defects.
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way.
- Provide mentorship to teammates
- As a team member work hand in hand with product owner to break down user stories.
- Develops and writes testing scripts and plans to ensure that software functions as expected.
- Managing software risk, balancing priorities, going above and beyond the call of duty.
6+ Years' Experience
MS Microsoft BizTalk Server (2010/2013/2016)
- Experience developing Schemas, Orchestrations, Pipelines, Mappings, Adapters, ESB Tool Kit, XSLT using Biztalk Development Tools. Good knowledge of Integration Design Patterns.
Microsoft .NET, C#
- Experience developing integration interfaces using API (REST/SOAP) and Web services. Good knowledge of XML, JSON and other message formats
- Unit testing with testing framework
Database design/development (MS SQL Server)
- Hands-on experience in the use of Microsoft SQL Server and on various SQL Server Services like Integration Services (SSIS), Data Tool (SSDT) for Visual Studio, Analysis Services (SSAS), and Reporting Services (SSRS). Excellent T-SQL development skills to write complex queries involving multiple tables, develop and maintain stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, views, user profiles, data dictionaries and data integrity. Working knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts and database design.
- Good understanding of System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, ability to write functional design documents and specifications.
EDI ANSI X12
- Working knowledge of ANSI X12 standards, EDI communication protocols: AS2, FTP, SFTP, HTTPS, and Web services.
Good to have skills
- Previous experience in transportation industry.
- Hands on Power Shell scripting experience.
Our people make all the difference in our success.• Producing high quality code and addressing technical debt.• Support and accountable for timely releases• Prepares data sets to test logic, error handling and system workflows. Isolates, reproduces, and tracks defects. • Carry out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way.• Provide mentorship to teammates• As a team member work hand in hand with product owner to break down user stories.• Develops and writes testing scripts and plans to ensure that software functions as expected.• Managing software risk, balancing priorities, going above and beyond the call of duty.
What's in it for you?
• Help career growth by joining industry leaderand continuing to advance Echo web-based technologies
• Working within enterprise IT environment that is seeing consistent growth
• Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
• Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
• Work in the full software delivery life cycle
• Abilityto constantly enhance and improve applications
• Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.#LI-Remote