Sr Software Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer for a remote direct hire opportunity. Responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based applications, such as e-commerce applications and integrations. This individual will research technical problems and suggests improvements for web applications. Analyzes and integrates new web products and technologies with existing web applications to improve the application functionality.
This opportunity offers base pay, great benefit package, 401(k) with a company match, and PTO plan. Lastly it is remote. Let’s connect to discuss.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requires understanding of assigned business applications and system infrastructure.
- Works within development teams to achieve desired user experience and achieve desired business goals.
- Participates in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Includes documentation authoring.
- Adheres to the client’s development standards, including naming conventions, source code control processes, security protocols and code deployment processes. Manages their assigned tasks on multiple projects. Participates in code reviews
- Assists with project planning by providing estimates, task definitions and progress updates throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) within established methodology.
- Interacts with end users on systems support. Performs debugging of production level bugs per the stated SLA. Subject matter expert on assigned applications and domains.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Information Systems, and related field preferred.
- Associates Degree in Information Systems or a related field required.
- Developer with experience in SaaS, required
- 2+ years of application development using a defined modern framework
- 2+ years Agile Development Methodology, desired
- Strong desire to learn and try new approaches
- Strong knowledge of development architectures, frameworks, and tools (desired)
- Strong attention to quality, details, root cause problem solving, and follow-up
- Strong ownership of overall deliverables
- Data modeling/schema, data structure and network systems
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platform services, such as AWS, desired