Sr. Software Engineer - Vulnerability Management at Uber
About the Role
We are seeking a hardworking Sr. Security Engineer to join our Vulnerability Discovery team. The new member of our team will focus on building out and scaling our asset inventory platform, as well as scaling our CORP and Infrastructure-wide security scanning capabilities. In addition, the nUber will work closely with our M&As in an effort to scale their Vulnerability Management function, close any remaining gaps, and improve patch health visibility into M&As' endpoints, mobile, prod, COPR and cloud infrastructure. You can expect to spend 50%+ of your time implementing new security tools, improving existing ones, as well as building out and deploying new security integrations. The nUber will also lead medium- to large-scale security projects, be responsible for creating long-term project roadmaps, prioritizing project objectives, as well as executing on those objectives and roadmaps in well-defined timelines.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and deploy automation to scale infrastructure vulnerability discovery efforts across a growing list of M&As.
- Work closely with M&As around the world to set up and scale their Vulnerability Management function.
- Build out and scale our asset inventory platform.
- Drive vuln remediation across prod, CORP, cloud, endpoint and mobile assets.
- Provide actionable security guidance to asset owners in an effort to speed up vuln remediation.
- Mentor junior security engineers
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in at least one security domain (e.g., infrastructure security, web security, etc.)
- Expertise in at least one of: Go, Java, Python, NodeJS, etc.
- Experience designing, implementing and deploying large distributed systems
- Prior vulnerability management experience
- Expertise in multiple security domains
- Ability to see the big picture, build out concise, comprehensive, yet realistic project plans
- Ability to communicate ideas and proposals concisely
- Proven track record demonstrating impact across several teams, organizations and/or security areas
About the Team
We are a team of software engineers with security mindsets. We lead the principled vulnerability discovery initiative at Uber. We ensure that all code at Uber adheres to company-wide security standards and is devoid of known security vulnerabilities.
To that end, we design, develop and deploy automation to detect, track and remediate vulnerabilities in over 5,000 web services, endpoints, mobile devices, prod & CORP infrastructure.
In addition, we crowdsource security intelligence via our Bug Bounty program, red team exercises, as well as manual and automated security audits.
Finally, we use research-quality CFG and DFG principles to codify the latest security breakthroughs into custom queries, which we then deploy across our fleet of advanced security scanners. As a result, we expand the return on investment of our manual labor.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.