Sr. Software Engineer - Targeting & Decisioning at The Walt Disney Company (Santa Monica)
Ad Platforms organization within Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology is fully responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Advertising Platform across all of Disney online properties, including Hulu and ESPN+. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
The Ad Intelligence team is under Ad Platforms and its mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of the advertising life cycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-domain team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, big data, microservices to data visualization. Our team is seeking a senior software engineer who will be a core team member for our advertising targeting & decisioning engineering group. This group is positioned to build industry-leading ad decisioning solutions and experiment platforms for Disney's addressable ad platforms. The right person for this role should have extensive experience on high performance services or full stack products. If you are someone who is proactive, hardworking, and enthusiastic in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build next-gen high-scalable and high-available microservice engines for advertising targeting, decisioning
- Build a next-gen experiment platform with cloud based big data solutions for fostering more innovations and speeding-up KPI improvement iterations to fit evolving business needs
- Design scalable distributed systems with established partition tolerance, consistency, and availability guarantees
- Collaborate with researchers to productize cutting edge innovations at scale
- Contribute to the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated test
- Chip in ground-breaking innovation and apply the state-of-the-art technologies
- As a key member of the team, contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
- Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor or Master's in computer science or EE
- At least 5 years of professional programming in Java, Scala, Python, and etc.
- 3+ years high-performance, high-scalable service development experience
- Demonstrated ability with cloud infrastructure technologies, at least two of Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
- Knowledge of system, application design and architecture
- Passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
- Domain knowledge about advertising
- Experience with a widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack.
- Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
- Experience with Click House, Impala, Presto, Redshift etc.
he hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $136,038.00 to $182,490.00 per year and in Seattle, WA is $142,516.00 to $191,180.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.