Sr. Software Engineer (SK-ZPA) C, TCP/IP at Zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, building and enhancing distributed system components for a highly scalable cloud service. The engineer must be able to write high performance code using very efficient algorithms. The engineer must be able to ensure that memory is used efficiently so that system responsiveness is maintained during high load times. Collaborate with the operations team (OPS) to deploy, and if required patch the changes with fixes and enhancements.
He or she should be able to work cross-functionally with the Quality Assurance team to test the product, and influence the testing to make the product ready for deployment. Demonstrate the ability to build software in small, interactive chunks and perform the unit testing prior to handing over to the quality assurance team. Our systems are deployed on multiple cloud platforms at various points of presence on the internet.
- 4+ years of experience of developing enterprise applications with distributed systems background.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science\\
- Strong C programming, Data structures/Algorithms & debugging skills in cloud environment.
- Deep understanding of Operating System principles and OS like Linux/Unix
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts including performance parameters of TCP/IP stack.
- Experience in Network Data Path & Socket programming & POSIX Multi-thread programming.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Previous experience in security or access management a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good team player with right attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.