Sr. Software Engineer (SDEIII) at LivePerson (Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Significantly influence the cross-company Engineering processes and Operational Excellence standards.
- Own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, and serve as a leader and mentor for other engineers in their areas of work.
- Help set the features, architecture, and best practices of the team, and have significant influence on our overall strategy. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
- Create a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requiring exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making software achieve its operational goals.
Your qualifications are:
- Setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- Leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
- Delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years experience building successful production software systems
- Design and architecture experience, as well as sound knowledge with object oriented design patterns
- Experience working on a large scale deployments and performance tuning.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.