Sr Software Engineer (Portals Team) at hatch I.T. (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:50 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 1, 2022
SoundExchange is the premier music tech organization on a mission to power the future of music. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 560,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and to date has paid more than $9 billion in distributions. Through unparalleled innovation of financial tech products and services, it distributes royalties to creator groups, advocates for fair pay across platforms, and creates systems that improve how the industry operates. Its proprietary fintech solutions help turn data into accurate revenue for creators and include Music Data Exchange (MDX) and International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search.
They’re hiring a Senior Software Engineer with a strong Python background to support our customer facing portals. These portals are responsible for users getting registered and helping them collect approximately 1 billion dollars a year in royalty payments.
- Contributes as a hands-on engineer to a small full-lifecycle software development team including design, development, and deployment including automated and functional/behavior-driven testing
- Develops new features in a highly collaborative environment
- Follows and improves software development best practices to achieve a high level of quality, maintainability, and security
- Works with team and stakeholders to create clean, maintainable technical solutions to complex business problems
- Actively contributes to the team software design and development process by bringing new ideas and alternative ways of solving problems, contributing to design sessions, and improving quality of code through code reviews and other quality metrics
- Leverages and enhances continuous build and deployment tools
- Translate UI/UX designs into actual code
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience in Agile software development methodology, teams, processes, and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have Skills or Qualifications
- Experience in vue.js, Celery
- Experience building enterprise software with complex business rules, domain models, and data models
- Experience designing and developing microservices or other distributed systems
- Experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code technologies
If hired remote, this person is expected to travel to the Washington DC corporate office as needed (3-4 times per year).
At SoundExchange, we empower creators and help share the future of music. One way we do this is by respecting diverse voices, varied perspectives, and distinct backgrounds of all of our team members. We are intentional in creating an inclusive culture where we recognize that equity is greater than equality and all employees have the opportunities and support needed to thrive. We strive to create teams that reflect the music community we serve – every individual’s unique attributes and abilities are valued, and are part of how we innovate, create, and deliver experiences to the creators we champion.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Don't think you're 100% qualified for this position? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At hatch I.T., we're dedicated to helping companies build diverse, inclusive and authentic workplaces, so if your experience doesn't perfectly align with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
More Information on hatch I.T.
hatch I.T. operates in the Consulting industry. The company is located in Vienna, VA and Durham, NC. hatch I.T. was founded in 2011. It has 24 total employees. To see all 19 open jobs at hatch I.T., click here.
Read Full Job Description