Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Multiple Openings: Senior Software Engineer - Operating Platform
We are currently seeking senior backend software engineers to join teams in our operating platform group! These teams are focused on managing large volumes of data, and the engineering challenges in building the distributed systems responsible for automated data ingestion and transformation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the latest technology stacks to build the next generation of the entire data, computation, API, and research platform of Addepar. We want people who are passionate and care deeply about solving hard problems at high scale, delighting customers, and participating in the success of the whole company. We look for self-driven engineers with real technical depth and a desire to understand the end business. If you've designed complex scalable systems, or worked with great teams on hard problems in financial data, or are just interested in tackling challenging technical, mission critical problems, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Architect, implement, and maintain engineering solutions to solve complex problems; write well-designed, testable code.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and stakeholders on projects.
- Communicate technical ideas and set direction on projects with a focus on solving business challenges.
- Mentor other engineers on the team.
- Document software functionality, system design, and project plans; this includes clean, readable code with comments.
- Promote engineering best practices and principles.
Who You Are
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- 6+ years of experience as a professional software engineer and experience with any object-oriented programming language. Expertise in Java and Python is a plus.
- Experience in building and evolving large-scale, high-performing distributed systems.
- Experience with databases, SQL, NoSQL, OLAP, and/or data lake architectures.
- Strong AWS knowledge and architectural experience is a plus.
- A strong ownership mentality and drive to solve the most important problems.
- Passion for implementing best practices with a bias toward smart automation.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.