Sr. Software Engineer - Node.js at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Workfront, an Adobe company, is the leader in enterprise work management. Together, Adobe and Workfront provide companies a single system to support planning, collaboration, and governance to unlock organizational productivity and create exceptional experiences. Workfront helps people do their best work so companies can thrive in a digital world. Workfront is built for people, effortlessly connecting teams and easily integrating into existing applications and systems. The ability to see, measure, and analyze critical factors such as resources, outcomes, and priorities keeps everyone on the same page, with a clear understanding of why their work matters. Role Purpose
As a Software Engineer at Workfront, you will work with your Engineering team and partner with Product Management to take ideas for Workfront’s products and turn them into realized features in our Work Automation Cloud platform. You will work in an Agile environment and estimate assigned work, create OO designs, provide task breakdowns and implement features and micro-services. As a Senior Software Engineer, you are more than just a coder. In addition to your software engineering responsibilities, you are also expected to guide a small to medium-sized team to deliver in a product area by helping identify dependencies and risks for the group, being a planning consultant to the project managers, recommending improvements to our engineering practices and helping other engineers become more proficient in solving specific problems.What You Will Do
- Meet with your team and tell them the awesome things you did yesterday and what unspeakably incredible things you will complete by this time tomorrow.
- Create new features using our development technologies that will delight and inspire marketers, IT professionals, and other knowledge workers worldwide.
- Create engineering designs that solve complex problems.
- Fix occasional bugs in our SaaS platform - when your day was only somewhat less than awesome and unspeakably incredible.
- Debate the optimal design of an ideal user experience for a variety of unrealized features identified by our Product friends. Or propose some ideas of your own!
- Help QA and other software engineers find the best way to test your work to ensure that, not only does it work as advertised, but will continue to work and perform at mass scale when thousands upon thousands of people are using it at the same time.
- Lead discussions with your team about what emerging tools, technologies and processes are coming that may impact how we improve our products and our SaaS platform in the future.
- Provide your well-considered opinions to the creation and modification of our technology roadmaps.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent education) or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of programming experience.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of Node.JS. Experience with GO is a plus.
- Experience with GitLab is preferred.
- Ability to describe concepts and whiteboard designs dealing with high-availability and redundancy.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of ownership for the entire SDLC; including QA, build, deployment and support of production systems.
- Have a unique experience in real-time or massively distributed systems, public cloud or PaaS systems like AWS, GCP or Azure, databases or big data.
- Demonstrate extraordinary communication skills to the point where we feel that, not only can you talk to engineers, but to the CEO and everyone in between and do credit to our organization.
- Show that you are a person who, upon seeing a problem, moves quickly to solve it instead of waiting for permission and specific instructions from others.
To us, company values are more than just words on a wall; they best describe who we are and how we get our work done.
- Genuine: We are sincere, trustworthy, and reliable.
- Exceptional: We’re committed to creating exceptional experiences that delight our employees and customers.
- Innovative: We’re highly creative and always striving to connect new ideas with business realities.
- Involved: We’re inclusive, open, and actively engaged with our customers, partners, employees, and the communities we serve.