Sr. Software Engineer I (ACS) (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
Epsilon C5I ( www.epsilonsystems.com/c5i ), focused on software development and systems engineering for complex command, control, intelligence and combat systems is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer I for work in San Diego, CA. Our engineering efforts provide the warfighter with common enterprise solutions to improve information sharing and combat effectiveness. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on! Summary: Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities into a mature Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution. Work includes developing and integrating applications that provision loosely coupled systems and capabilities which can be reused, discovered, and linked to build mission threads. Devsecops and operations responsibilities also apply. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and enable current development team in the deployment maintenance of OpenShift.
- Train and enable current development team in the development of container native applications and microservice design patterns.
- Design, implement, develop, and integrate software that powers infrastructure services to support data mediation, orchestration and machine-to-machine messaging.
- Integrate multi-functional applications into container-based support services.
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code that meets technical requirements.
- Participate in a highly collaborative team environment, contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle using Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of code defects and deployment of timely fixes.
- Deliver projects on time and with attention to quality.
- Document code utilizing government identified configuration management tools.
- Deploy software into the operational environment.
- Expected to be part of the traveling operations team, supporting installations ranging from locally to internationally at labs, naval shore sites, and on board naval vessels.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of six (6+) years of experience in a software engineering role.
- An existing US Security Clearance (Interim SECRET or above).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of business users and management.
- Ability to work individually and on team projects in an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
- Effective written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Pursuant to the Executive Order 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates must be able to provide proof they have received the COVID 19 vaccine and are considered fully vaccinated. Requests for an accommodation due to a medical or religious reason can be made by contacting Human Resources.
- Experience with AWS or VMWare.
- Experience with Ansible and experience with Linux operating systems
- TS/SCI security clearance
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and move at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.
Read Full Job Description