Sr. Software Engineer - Business Applications at Uber
With over 20,000 employees globally, Uber is bolstered by a network of tools and services to improve productivity, business operations, sustainability, and corporate infrastructure. The Information Technology team makes Uber a better place to work.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Business Applications team, you will be responsible for the engineering and implementation of scalable Salesforce related technical solutions. These solutions will have significant impact to Uber's results in areas of user growth, safety and global expansion. Senior Software Engineers will solve extremely challenging technical problems for Uber Eats, Uber Freight, Uber for Business, Law Enforcement Response Team and others.
What You'll Do
- Solve business issues through Salesforce development and standard methodologies
- Improve and build solutions to address architectural gaps or technical debt
- Propose best technologies for data processing and data framework
- Play an active role in positively influencing the design direction
- Check in and deploy code and configurations; participate in release management
- Participate in story planning, standups and retrospectives
- Mentor engineers; Drive enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
- Execute with a team of solution architects, program managers and engineers
- Produce documentation and tutorials that enable other teams
- Experienced with Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API
- Experienced with at least 1 of the following languages: Java, Go, Python
- Experienced with Web UI frameworks in Visualforce pages or Lightning components.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent multi-functional stakeholder management
- Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems
- Minimum of 7+ years of Salesforce application development experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.