Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data & Java at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
You will be part of the ServiceNow Cloud Services Big Data Team. The Big Data team is building the next-generation platform that collects, stores and provides real-time access to large amounts of data.
You will also build real-time analytic tools and reporting capabilities for various purposes including:
- Monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting
- Anomaly detection
- Capacity planning
- Data analytics
What you get to do in this role:
This is a hands-on Full Stack Big Data Senior Engineer role where you will;
- Build the next-generation libraries, APIs and data pipelines
- Develop data engineering components and applications and entities to empower self-serve for big data products
- Lead complex and technically challenging projects from concept to completion
- Assist in developing UI components to enhance our in-house visualization tools
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years in designing and building scalable reusable products / components
- 5+ years programming experience in Java
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Algorithms and Data Structures
- 5+ years in building and maintaining ETL pipelines using Bigdata technologies like Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, MapReduce, Kafka and Hive/Impala and Hadoop
- Professional experience defining, developing and maintaining scalable web service API
- Expert skills working with SQL queries, including performance tuning, utilizing indexes/partitions, and materialized views to improve query performance.
- Exceptional in database design & development, writing optimized SQLs
- SQL friendly data structures
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to troubleshoot systems integration and performance issues
- Self-motivated and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical teams.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.